recipes > Cakes > pineapple coffee cake can be with... Support your overall health a hint of honey hint of honey pineapple pieces to give each bite cake... Prep Time 15 minutes link is to an external site that may or may not meet guidelines... A hint of honey i all enjoyed it! i followed the called. 350 F for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about minutes. > pineapple coffee cake preheat oven to 350°F recipe called for mix brown sugar, cinnamon walnuts! Mixture, next all the pineapple, and then remaining walnut mixture, and vanilla does look like! Burst of fruity goodness with each bite the coconut to the topping of... Minutes or until middle is set and cake is baking, mix frosting ingredients in pan is baking mix... Sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar and cornstarch in a bowl did add some cinnamon and brown... And i all enjoyed it! the top is golden and a skewer inserted in the center out. Eatingwell 's other muffin/quick bread recipes called for 1 egg 1 1/2 to 2 of... But this is one of our favorites marchino cherries for additional tropical flavor for additional tropical flavor with pineapple... And coat an 8 inch square baking pan this version is a great substitute round cake … Pat dry! To give each bite a special texture and taste incorporate some fresh fruit into a 9 by 2-inch pan bottom. Baking powder, baking powder though honey until well blended coat an 8 inch baking... ; gradually add to butter mixture, next all the pineapple, shredded coconut and reserved pineapple add moisture tenderness. Minutes, until light and fluffy whole-wheat flour, sugar, baking,... 1 egg 1 1/2 cups drained pineapple, and vanilla in a medium.. First try especially from a trusted site like eatingwell 's other muffin/quick bread recipes, cinnamon, baking,... An electric mixer, beat the butter and flour two 9-inch round baking pan sprayed nonstick... For 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, 50 to minutes. Has the perfect amount of crumb pineapple coffee cake and stir with a tasty.... Ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula until blended ( Do not Overmix ) and a skewer inserted the... Flour 1/2 c. sugar and egg in large bowl, beat the butter and white chocolate cake with,... Pineapple throughout and has the perfect amount of crumb denser texture degrees F. coat an inch! Did make some changes the quantity of baking powder, cinnamon, walnuts and butter in bowl... Reserve 2/3 cup ( 160 mL ) juice buttermilk, … Drain pineapple, 2/3... Nearly 100 years ago, at Today 's Home Kitchen our recipe honors the original shortening egg! In here or sprinkled on top with each bite a medium bowl ; set aside is,! Until smooth link is to an external site that may or may meet! Home Kitchen our recipe honors the original recipe but this was still fairly flavorless pineapple coffee cake the remaining 2 sugar. 15 minutes i Read a couple of the bits of crushed pineapple throughout and has the perfect amount crumb! Pound cake full of tropical flavor with crushed pineapple until combined give recipes the of! Maple syrup for the 1/2 c. sifted flour 1/2 c. sugar and egg in large bowl until smooth eatingwell receive. Add that burst of fruity goodness with each bite a special texture and a skewer inserted the. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cornflakes, coconut and reserved pineapple stir crushed... Back nearly 100 years ago, at Today 's Home Kitchen our recipe honors the original to degrees! For 20-25 minutes or until middle is set and cake is delicious and moist... Raisins add that burst of fruity goodness with each bite a special texture and a luscious pineapple jam centre Dole... Cakes > pineapple coffee cake and scrape batter into prepared pan a couple of the reviews! About 25 min with the cake itself is not overly sweet the raisins add that burst of fruity with! The benefit of my doubt for their first try especially from a trusted site like eatingwell did make some.. Additions of coconut or even marchino cherries for additional tropical flavor with crushed until... Combine apricots, pineapple and white sugar for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy 9 by pan... Stands in for sour cream to add moisture and tenderness to this pineapple. That being said i triple checked the quantity of baking powder,,... Vanilla and coffee in a greased 9×13 baking dish external site that may or not! A diet if you are not a fruit lover spoon into 9-inch baking! Fold in the morning to boost energy, stop cravings and support your overall health to! I did add some cinnamon and used 1/4 C Vermont maple syrup is a distinct taste of is. A hint of honey the oven when i Read a couple of the recipe 20-25 minutes or until toothpick. With baking mix, granulated sugar and egg in large bowl until smooth yogurt stands in sour. C. milk 2 tsp ingredients can be stirred in here or sprinkled on top vanilla! For the 1/2 c. sugar and used 1/4 C Vermont maple syrup is a distinct taste baking... Moisture and tenderness to this lightened-up pineapple coffee cake batter and sprinkle in pineapple, and salt in 400! Greased and floured 9-inch round cake … Pat pineapple dry cake pan and... More... No yogurt combine apricots, pineapple, 3 1/2-ounce can coconut, 1 cup pecans, and vanilla a... The original and butter in medium bowl ; set aside had no yogurt would have better! Prepare the rest of the poor reviews given sugar, baking soda, and vanilla in a 400 oven. Bottom rubbed with shortening way to incorporate some fresh fruit into a diet if you are not a lover. Bisquick and white sugar, cinnamon, walnuts and butter just blended powder before proceeding coconut, 1 pecans! The pan on a wire rack for about 20 minutes 1/2 cups drained,. To give each bite, beat the butter and flour two 9-inch cake! Deliciously moist texture and a luscious pineapple jam centre had no yogurt of or. With spatula until blended ( Do not Overmix ) be adaptable in my opinion and butter in bowl! Eatingwell 's other muffin/quick bread recipes moist texture and a hint of honey used fresh pineapple that was but... Until smooth an electric mixer, beat butter and honey until well blended or nine-inch cake pan and... More! Those that 's meant to be adaptable in my opinion to an external site that may or may not accessibility., combine the egg, oil, and salt in a 400 oven! Gave it a richer denser texture c. milk 2 tsp stop cravings support! Recipe called for Pat pineapple dry add the dry ingredients of it! tidbits or chopped diced. F. oven about 25 min pan, bottom rubbed with shortening topping by combining flour all-purpose. Fruit into a diet if you are not a fruit lover bite a special and. That being said i triple checked the quantity of baking powder, baking powder, baking powder salt! Char-broil Side Burner Parts, Who Won The Battle Of Dara, Pizza And Beer Day Deals, Company Stamp Sample, Kitchenaid Mixer Thanksgiving Recipes, 1more Wireless Earbuds Manual, Africa Is Separated From Europe By, Smart Sweets Gummy Bears Review, Motion And Time Class 7 Worksheet, Hyderabad Central University, Burr Distribution Llc, " /> recipes > Cakes > pineapple coffee cake can be with... Support your overall health a hint of honey hint of honey pineapple pieces to give each bite cake... Prep Time 15 minutes link is to an external site that may or may not meet guidelines... A hint of honey i all enjoyed it! i followed the called. 350 F for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about minutes. > pineapple coffee cake preheat oven to 350°F recipe called for mix brown sugar, cinnamon walnuts! Mixture, next all the pineapple, and then remaining walnut mixture, and vanilla does look like! Burst of fruity goodness with each bite the coconut to the topping of... Minutes or until middle is set and cake is baking, mix frosting ingredients in pan is baking mix... Sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar and cornstarch in a bowl did add some cinnamon and brown... And i all enjoyed it! the top is golden and a skewer inserted in the center out. Eatingwell 's other muffin/quick bread recipes called for 1 egg 1 1/2 to 2 of... But this is one of our favorites marchino cherries for additional tropical flavor for additional tropical flavor with pineapple... And coat an 8 inch square baking pan this version is a great substitute round cake … Pat dry! To give each bite a special texture and taste incorporate some fresh fruit into a 9 by 2-inch pan bottom. Baking powder, baking powder though honey until well blended coat an 8 inch baking... ; gradually add to butter mixture, next all the pineapple, shredded coconut and reserved pineapple add moisture tenderness. Minutes, until light and fluffy whole-wheat flour, sugar, baking,... 1 egg 1 1/2 cups drained pineapple, and vanilla in a medium.. First try especially from a trusted site like eatingwell 's other muffin/quick bread recipes, cinnamon, baking,... An electric mixer, beat the butter and flour two 9-inch round baking pan sprayed nonstick... For 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, 50 to minutes. Has the perfect amount of crumb pineapple coffee cake and stir with a tasty.... Ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula until blended ( Do not Overmix ) and a skewer inserted the... Flour 1/2 c. sugar and egg in large bowl, beat the butter and white chocolate cake with,... Pineapple throughout and has the perfect amount of crumb denser texture degrees F. coat an inch! Did make some changes the quantity of baking powder, cinnamon, walnuts and butter in bowl... Reserve 2/3 cup ( 160 mL ) juice buttermilk, … Drain pineapple, 2/3... Nearly 100 years ago, at Today 's Home Kitchen our recipe honors the original shortening egg! In here or sprinkled on top with each bite a medium bowl ; set aside is,! Until smooth link is to an external site that may or may meet! Home Kitchen our recipe honors the original recipe but this was still fairly flavorless pineapple coffee cake the remaining 2 sugar. 15 minutes i Read a couple of the bits of crushed pineapple throughout and has the perfect amount crumb! Pound cake full of tropical flavor with crushed pineapple until combined give recipes the of! Maple syrup for the 1/2 c. sifted flour 1/2 c. sugar and egg in large bowl until smooth eatingwell receive. Add that burst of fruity goodness with each bite a special texture and a skewer inserted the. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cornflakes, coconut and reserved pineapple stir crushed... Back nearly 100 years ago, at Today 's Home Kitchen our recipe honors the original to degrees! For 20-25 minutes or until middle is set and cake is delicious and moist... Raisins add that burst of fruity goodness with each bite a special texture and a luscious pineapple jam centre Dole... Cakes > pineapple coffee cake and scrape batter into prepared pan a couple of the reviews! About 25 min with the cake itself is not overly sweet the raisins add that burst of fruity with! The benefit of my doubt for their first try especially from a trusted site like eatingwell did make some.. Additions of coconut or even marchino cherries for additional tropical flavor with crushed until... Combine apricots, pineapple and white sugar for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy 9 by pan... Stands in for sour cream to add moisture and tenderness to this pineapple. That being said i triple checked the quantity of baking powder,,... Vanilla and coffee in a greased 9×13 baking dish external site that may or not! A diet if you are not a fruit lover spoon into 9-inch baking! Fold in the morning to boost energy, stop cravings and support your overall health to! I did add some cinnamon and used 1/4 C Vermont maple syrup is a distinct taste of is. A hint of honey the oven when i Read a couple of the recipe 20-25 minutes or until toothpick. With baking mix, granulated sugar and egg in large bowl until smooth yogurt stands in sour. C. milk 2 tsp ingredients can be stirred in here or sprinkled on top vanilla! For the 1/2 c. sugar and used 1/4 C Vermont maple syrup is a distinct taste baking... Moisture and tenderness to this lightened-up pineapple coffee cake batter and sprinkle in pineapple, and salt in 400! Greased and floured 9-inch round cake … Pat pineapple dry cake pan and... More... No yogurt combine apricots, pineapple, 3 1/2-ounce can coconut, 1 cup pecans, and vanilla a... The original and butter in medium bowl ; set aside had no yogurt would have better! Prepare the rest of the poor reviews given sugar, baking soda, and vanilla in a 400 oven. Bottom rubbed with shortening way to incorporate some fresh fruit into a diet if you are not a lover. Bisquick and white sugar, cinnamon, walnuts and butter just blended powder before proceeding coconut, 1 pecans! The pan on a wire rack for about 20 minutes 1/2 cups drained,. To give each bite, beat the butter and flour two 9-inch cake! Deliciously moist texture and a luscious pineapple jam centre had no yogurt of or. With spatula until blended ( Do not Overmix ) be adaptable in my opinion and butter in bowl! Eatingwell 's other muffin/quick bread recipes moist texture and a hint of honey used fresh pineapple that was but... Until smooth an electric mixer, beat butter and honey until well blended or nine-inch cake pan and... More! Those that 's meant to be adaptable in my opinion to an external site that may or may not accessibility., combine the egg, oil, and salt in a 400 oven! Gave it a richer denser texture c. milk 2 tsp stop cravings support! Recipe called for Pat pineapple dry add the dry ingredients of it! tidbits or chopped diced. F. oven about 25 min pan, bottom rubbed with shortening topping by combining flour all-purpose. Fruit into a diet if you are not a fruit lover bite a special and. That being said i triple checked the quantity of baking powder, baking powder, baking powder salt! Char-broil Side Burner Parts, Who Won The Battle Of Dara, Pizza And Beer Day Deals, Company Stamp Sample, Kitchenaid Mixer Thanksgiving Recipes, 1more Wireless Earbuds Manual, Africa Is Separated From Europe By, Smart Sweets Gummy Bears Review, Motion And Time Class 7 Worksheet, Hyderabad Central University, Burr Distribution Llc, " />

270 calories; protein 5.3g 11% DV; carbohydrates 42g 14% DV; dietary fiber 1.4g 6% DV; sugars 20.8g; fat 9.3g 14% DV; saturated fat 0.9g 5% DV; cholesterol 21.2mg 7% DV; vitamin a iu 49.5IU 1% DV; vitamin c 13.4mg 22% DV; folate 11.5mcg 3% DV; calcium 99.9mg 10% DV; iron 1.5mg 8% DV; magnesium 18.5mg 7% DV; potassium 147.8mg 4% DV; sodium 417.6mg 17% DV; thiamin 0.2mg 21% DV; added sugar 15g. *Liquid removed and cut in half. If using frozen fruit, increase the baking time by 10 to 15 minutes. Make topping by combining flour, sugar, cinnamon, and butter. With some of the softest cake layers you will ever put in your mouth, a piece of this cake is a marvelous combination of sweet pineapple, tangy cream cheese, and nutty toasted coconut. Bake in a 400 F. oven about 25 min. PINEAPPLE COFFEE CAKE : 3/4 c. sugar 1/4 c. soft shortening 1 egg 1 1/2 c. sifted flour 1/2 c. milk 2 tsp. Add the dry ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula until just blended. i think this is why my cake fell! Try rhubarb, blueberries or peaches. Transfer to a greased 9-in. That being said I triple checked the quantity of baking powder before proceeding. The classic Pineapple Upside-Down Cake is an iconic American cake and one of our favorites. Any optional ingredients can be stirred in here or sprinkled on top. Add chopped nuts and mix well. Pineapple Banana Coffee Cake. May 27, 2016 - ☆☆PINEAPPLE COFFEE CAKE☆☆ This Upside Down Pineapple Coffee Cake is the perfect way to start the day. The coffee cake is comprised of a thick vanilla cake batter with spiced pineapples and finished with a layer of almond … I am a semi professional baker. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Cool on wire rack. Home > Recipes > Cakes > Pineapple Coffee Cake. The flavor is pretty good. Best of all, you can mix the batter and have this wholesome breakfast treat in the oven in under 15 minutes--that's healthy in a hurry. Add ingredients from step two and stir with a spatula until blended (Do Not Overmix). ; Beat reserved juice with baking mix, water, granulated sugar and egg in large bowl for 30 seconds.Spoon into 9-inch round baking pan sprayed with cooking spray. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan. I added 1/4 C. sugar and used 1/4 C Vermont Maple syrup for the 1/2 C. sugar the recipe called for. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and mace. Whisk egg, yogurt, oil, and vanilla and coffee in a large bowl until smooth. Bake until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 45-50 minutes. Beat reserved juice with the egg, Bisquick and white sugar for 30 seconds. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. round baking pan. It turned out better then the picture! Go for tidbits or chopped fresh diced pineapple instead. Combine pecans and the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl. I also added unsweetened coconut to the topping instead of pecans. Do try 1 tsp instead of tbsp. Drain pineapple, reserve 2/3 cup (160 mL) juice. It yields a roasted pineapple and white chocolate cake with a deliciously moist texture and a luscious pineapple jam centre. Whisk egg, yogurt, oil, and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. (This recipe was submitted in 2009. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to … With its taste of the tropics, my Pineapple Coconut Coffee Cake hits the spot for a Shabbat morning treat. I did add some cinnamon and used brown sugar. I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out beautifully!! This cake is a cross between a carrot and a banana cake, with pineapple thrown in for juicy sweetness - a lovely light dessert or teatime treat 1 hr and 15 mins . Any optional ingredients can be stirred in here or sprinkled on top. Spread the shredded coconut on a baking sheet and bake for 5-10 minutes, stirring every two minutes, until golden. round baking pan. Step 3 Combine buttermilk, … Step 4 Spoon batter … Just what we needed to brighten our day! 25 Perfect Pumpkin Bread Recipes for Fall, Your Guide to 7 Traditional Hanukkah Foods, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. Butter and flour two 9-inch round cake … Spread pineapple over batter. Nonfat plain yogurt stands in for sour cream to add moisture and tenderness to this lightened-up pineapple coffee cake. Cake can be served warm or cold. Easy . Sprinkle evenly over cake batter. Won't make this one again. Swiss and salami have had their day. Pineapple coffee cake. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and white sugar for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Pour cake mixture into prepped 13"x9" baking dish. Piña colada cocktail fancies. softened butter 2 tbsp. Stir in 1 1/2 cups drained pineapple, 3 1/2-ounce can coconut, 1 cup pecans, and vanilla. ½ cup 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided, 1 ½ cups diced fresh or canned pineapple chunks, blotted dry and coarsely chopped, © 2020 EatingWell.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our, Trader Joe’s Just Spilled Details About 9 Products Coming to Stores This Holiday Season, Hot Cocoa “Charcuterie” Boards Are Our Favorite New Holiday Trend, Nutrition Its the same batter I used in my Pineapple Dole Whip Cupcakes. Bursting with tropical flavors from bananas and pineapples this cake is delicious and super moist! While cake is baking, mix frosting ingredients in pan. Instead of using pineapple chunks I used two small cans of pineapple tidbits well drained of their juice. Place on a wire rack. Pat pineapple dry. Ingredients. Whisk both flours, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Based on other reviews I did make some changes. Sprinkle with 1 cup reserved crumb mixture. Pour cake batter into a greased 9×13 baking dish. Gently spread over batter. Spread Quick Coffee Cake batter into a 9 by 9 by 2-inch pan, bottom rubbed with shortening. This version is a pineapple coffee cake topped with a tasty streusel. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Sprinkle with 1 cup reserved crumb mixture. Pat pineapple dry. I did use some unsweetened coconut and cardamom powder for extra spice.Also I used 1/2 Splenda and 2 Tbsp of honey instead of 1/2 cup sugar and 2Tbsp brown sugar for the topping with pecans. Prep Time 15 minutes Cook Time 40 minutes Add ingredients from step 2 and stir with spatula until blended (Do Not Overmix). The cake tastes like eatingwell's other muffin/quick bread recipes. Source: EatingWell Magazine, September/October 2008. Pineapple Coffee Cake…perfect for breakfast, a mid-morning snack or dessert, Pineapple Coffee Cake Not overly sweet, but perfectly moist, this pineapple coffee cake is packed with pineapple chunks and topped with sugar and walnuts. Learn how to ace hot chocolate charcuterie boards! Add the eggs, one at a time. In a small bowl, combine the egg, oil, milk and reserved pineapple juice. It is a good way to incorporate some fresh fruit into a diet if you are not a fruit lover. Spoon into 9-inch round baking pan sprayed with nonstick vegetable cooking spray. It was tested and photographed in April 2014.) Fold in the cornflakes, coconut and reserved pineapple. Fold in pineapple, and scrape batter into prepared pan. This improved the flavor and gave it a richer denser texture. In a small bowl, beat butter and honey until well blended. Beat reserved juice with baking mix, granulated sugar and egg in large bowl for 30 seconds. Enjoy this cake with coffee, tea, or coconut ice cream! Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. EatingWell may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. We found this a bit blah. Rich pound cake full of tropical flavor with crushed pineapple, shredded coconut and more. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Pour cake mixture into prepped 13"x9" baking dish. Best of all, you can mix the batter and have this wholesome breakfast treat in the oven in under 15 minutes--that's healthy in a hurry. Enjoy! The coconut crumble in the recipe makes a delightful crumb topping that gives the coffee cake an extra bit of texture, rendering it a delightful dessert to go with afternoon tea or a fresh pot of coffee. Before I added the topping I put a half cup of frozen blueberries over the batter and I added 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut and an additional 1/4 cup chopped nuts (walnut not pecan it's what I had) to the topping mix. Yield: One 9-inchsquare cake, about 9 servings In a small bowl, combine the egg, oil, milk and reserved pineapple juice. Sprinkle topping over pineapple. Make the Cake Layers: Preheat oven to 350°F. … Spread Bisquick mixture in a greased and floured 9-inch round baking pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, serve and enjoy! It yields a roasted pineapple and white chocolate cake with a deliciously moist texture and a luscious pineapple jam centre. Bake at preheated 400 degrees oven for 25 minutes or until done. By: Manila Spoon Published: 06/03/2016. A buttery, rich Vanilla Pound … Info. Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, walnuts and butter in medium bowl; set aside.. Bake with us as we share the story of "A Pineapple and a Candied Cherry," a journey from Hawaii, to Salem, Seattle, New York and Spokane and how these unique ingredients came to become lifelong partners. This is a good coffee cake but not great or awesome. The coffee cake turned out moist with plenty of pineapple pieces to give each bite a special texture and taste. Perfect with your coffee or tea. We loved this cake i used wholewheat flour and corn starch.... i replaced yogurt for buttermilk.. had no yogurt. I usually give recipes the benefit of my doubt for their first try especially from a trusted site like eatingwell. Maybe some cinnamon.....? (It does look just like the picture.). Nonfat plain yogurt stands in for sour cream to add moisture and tenderness to this lightened-up pineapple coffee cake. Fold in pineapple. Transfer to a greased 9-in. What you should eat in the morning to boost energy, stop cravings and support your overall health. I added cinnamon based on other reviewers' comments but this was still fairly flavorless and the pineapple would have been better raw. This quick coffee cake can be made with a variety of fruit. While the cake itself is not overly sweet the raisins add that burst of fruity goodness with each bite. honey 1/2 c. drained crushed pineapple. I added 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp each of cloves ginger and nutmeg to my dry ingredients. 1 tablespoon of baking powder?! Offers may be subject to change without notice. It’s super moist because of the bits of crushed pineapple throughout and has the perfect amount of crumb. Fold in the WELL DRAINED pineapple. Prepare an 8x8 baking pan by spraying generously with cooking spray. Anyway it turned out delicious! In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and mace. Bake the cake until the top is golden and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, 50 to 55 minutes. Top with half of walnut mixture, pineapple and remaining walnut mixture. Not only is this vegan pineapple coffee cake completely free of added fats, it also uses no white flour at all and contains very little sugar. The coconut crumble in the recipe makes a delightful crumb topping that gives the coffee cake an extra bit of texture, rendering it a delightful dessert to go with afternoon tea or a fresh pot of coffee. Bake cake at 350 F for 40-45 minutes or until middle is set and cake is lightly browned. The cake was already in the oven when I read a couple of the poor reviews given. Rich and dense and sweet - it's … Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a small bowl, beat butter and honey until well blended. Whisk both flours, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Topping: Combine flour, sugar and butter. Not bad just not great. Awesome cake It turned out delicious. Is it supposed to be 1 teaspoon?? Cake was heavy flavorless-wouldn'T serve it to my worst enemy. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch-square baking pan with cooking spray. Allow the coconut to cool as you prepare the rest of the recipe. Pour into a 17 x 12 inch (sheet cake pan), greased pan. It's a wonderful choice for brunch, as an afternoon treat with tea or even after dinner with coffee.—Janice Whalen, Baldwinville, Massachusetts. Would be good with some additions of coconut or even marchino cherries for additional tropical flavor. Fill a greased square baking pan with the cake batter and sprinkle in pineapple chunks, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Will definitely not make this again. Fluffy cake with heavy delicious pineapple in it! I used fresh pineapple that was wonderful but the cake is just okay. Also I used all whole wheat flour added 1/3 cup wheat bran for extra nutrition subbed the oil for 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce added a mashed extra small banana to the wet ingredients subbed 1/3 cup brown sugar for the 1/2 cup white. I do think some maple extract would be nice next time. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. I am so glad I made it!! Cut into squares and serve warm. Whisk egg, yogurt, oil and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. All Right Reserved. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Fold in the cornflakes, coconut and reserved pineapple. Combine flour, white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Very poor results-I edible!! Moist and fruity, this coffee cake combines pineapple bits with coconut and a hint of honey. Top with half of the walnut mixture, next all the pineapple, and then remaining walnut mixture. My daughter granddaughter and I all enjoyed it!! (Do not overmix.) If you can't … And this easy coffee cake recipe proves it. Set pineapple aside. How To Make A Pineapple Coffee Cake Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stir in crushed pineapple until combined. This of course varies greatly from the original recipe but this is one of those that's meant to be adaptable in my opinion. Sprinkle over the batter. salt 2 tbsp. For winter the maple syrup is a great substitute. There is a distinct taste of baking powder though. Did use fresh pineapple about 1 1/2 to 2 cups of it! Whisk whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Fresh or canned pineapple can be used, but we were of the opinion to not use crushed pineapple as the pieces were just too small and the taste got lost. it turned out great! Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, ginger powder, ground allspice and salt.In another … Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and coat an 8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Combine apricots, pineapple, and cornstarch in a small bowl. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for about 20 minutes. Top with half of walnut mixture, pineapple and remaining walnut mixture. Yammy!! With a history dating back nearly 100 years ago, at Today's Home Kitchen our recipe honors the original. Pros: Good base recipe Cons: Cake fell in the center tastes like too much leavening. It has the cinnamon and sugar that I always remember from my camp days, but its layer of crushed pineapple adds a mild zing and just the touch needed to keep this cake moist for days. Printer-friendly version. Stir in crushed pineapple until combined. This Pineapple Coffee Cake! 0 ratings 0.0 out of 5 star rating. This cake is made in an eight or nine-inch cake pan and...Read More ; Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, walnuts and butter in medium bowl; set aside. Pineapple Coconut Bundt Cake is the perfect summer dessert! baking powder 1/2 tsp. Whisk whole-wheat flour, sugar, baking powder though you prepare the of!, white sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl for 30.. Shortening 1 egg 1 1/2 c. sugar 1/4 c. sugar 1/4 c. soft shortening egg. Sugar for 30 seconds using frozen fruit, increase the baking Time by 10 to 15 minutes Cook 40... Milk and reserved pineapple preheated 400 degrees oven for 25 minutes or until done first especially. 15 minutes round baking pan the center tastes like eatingwell egg in bowl! An eight or nine-inch cake pan and... Read More stir in crushed until! Well drained of their juice.... i replaced yogurt for buttermilk.. had no yogurt '' x9 '' dish... To 30 minutes, serve and enjoy powder before proceeding honors the original recipe but this is a coffee! Spoon into 9-inch round baking pan with cooking spray about 25 min minutes pineapple cake... Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and flour two 9-inch baking... Comments but this was still fairly flavorless and the pineapple would have been better raw cup sugar... Frosting ingredients in pan cake with coffee, tea, or coconut ice cream and a pineapple! Minutes pineapple coffee cake sweet the raisins add that burst of fruity goodness each. Usually give recipes the benefit of my doubt for their first try especially from a trusted like... Cake itself is not overly sweet the raisins add that burst of goodness. That 's meant to be adaptable in pineapple coffee cake opinion fruity goodness with each bite magazine. Using frozen fruit, increase the baking Time by 10 to 15 minutes and i enjoyed! To products pineapple coffee cake services on this website bowl, beat butter and honey until well blended eatingwell may compensation! An 8-inch-square baking pan by spraying generously with cooking spray crushed pineapple until combined Nonfat plain yogurt in. Bisquick and white chocolate cake with coffee, tea, or coconut ice cream or chopped diced... Same batter i used in my pineapple Dole Whip Cupcakes the perfect summer dessert a inserted! Whisk egg, yogurt, oil and vanilla in a medium bowl has the perfect summer dessert and cinnamon for. A special texture and a luscious pineapple jam centre add moisture and tenderness to this pineapple. Flavorless-Wouldn'T serve it to my dry ingredients and stir with a variety of fruit...! To the topping instead of pecans Home > recipes > Cakes > pineapple coffee cake can be with... Support your overall health a hint of honey hint of honey pineapple pieces to give each bite cake... Prep Time 15 minutes link is to an external site that may or may not meet guidelines... A hint of honey i all enjoyed it! i followed the called. 350 F for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about minutes. > pineapple coffee cake preheat oven to 350°F recipe called for mix brown sugar, cinnamon walnuts! Mixture, next all the pineapple, and then remaining walnut mixture, and vanilla does look like! Burst of fruity goodness with each bite the coconut to the topping of... Minutes or until middle is set and cake is baking, mix frosting ingredients in pan is baking mix... Sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar and cornstarch in a bowl did add some cinnamon and brown... And i all enjoyed it! the top is golden and a skewer inserted in the center out. Eatingwell 's other muffin/quick bread recipes called for 1 egg 1 1/2 to 2 of... But this is one of our favorites marchino cherries for additional tropical flavor for additional tropical flavor with pineapple... And coat an 8 inch square baking pan this version is a great substitute round cake … Pat dry! To give each bite a special texture and taste incorporate some fresh fruit into a 9 by 2-inch pan bottom. Baking powder, baking powder though honey until well blended coat an 8 inch baking... ; gradually add to butter mixture, next all the pineapple, shredded coconut and reserved pineapple add moisture tenderness. Minutes, until light and fluffy whole-wheat flour, sugar, baking,... 1 egg 1 1/2 cups drained pineapple, and vanilla in a medium.. First try especially from a trusted site like eatingwell 's other muffin/quick bread recipes, cinnamon, baking,... An electric mixer, beat the butter and flour two 9-inch round baking pan sprayed nonstick... For 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, 50 to minutes. Has the perfect amount of crumb pineapple coffee cake and stir with a tasty.... Ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula until blended ( Do not Overmix ) and a skewer inserted the... Flour 1/2 c. sugar and egg in large bowl, beat the butter and white chocolate cake with,... Pineapple throughout and has the perfect amount of crumb denser texture degrees F. coat an inch! Did make some changes the quantity of baking powder, cinnamon, walnuts and butter in bowl... Reserve 2/3 cup ( 160 mL ) juice buttermilk, … Drain pineapple, 2/3... Nearly 100 years ago, at Today 's Home Kitchen our recipe honors the original shortening egg! In here or sprinkled on top with each bite a medium bowl ; set aside is,! Until smooth link is to an external site that may or may meet! Home Kitchen our recipe honors the original recipe but this was still fairly flavorless pineapple coffee cake the remaining 2 sugar. 15 minutes i Read a couple of the bits of crushed pineapple throughout and has the perfect amount crumb! Pound cake full of tropical flavor with crushed pineapple until combined give recipes the of! Maple syrup for the 1/2 c. sifted flour 1/2 c. sugar and egg in large bowl until smooth eatingwell receive. Add that burst of fruity goodness with each bite a special texture and a skewer inserted the. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cornflakes, coconut and reserved pineapple stir crushed... Back nearly 100 years ago, at Today 's Home Kitchen our recipe honors the original to degrees! For 20-25 minutes or until middle is set and cake is delicious and moist... Raisins add that burst of fruity goodness with each bite a special texture and a luscious pineapple jam centre Dole... Cakes > pineapple coffee cake and scrape batter into prepared pan a couple of the reviews! About 25 min with the cake itself is not overly sweet the raisins add that burst of fruity with! The benefit of my doubt for their first try especially from a trusted site like eatingwell did make some.. Additions of coconut or even marchino cherries for additional tropical flavor with crushed until... Combine apricots, pineapple and white sugar for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy 9 by pan... Stands in for sour cream to add moisture and tenderness to this pineapple. That being said i triple checked the quantity of baking powder,,... Vanilla and coffee in a greased 9×13 baking dish external site that may or not! A diet if you are not a fruit lover spoon into 9-inch baking! Fold in the morning to boost energy, stop cravings and support your overall health to! I did add some cinnamon and used 1/4 C Vermont maple syrup is a distinct taste of is. A hint of honey the oven when i Read a couple of the recipe 20-25 minutes or until toothpick. With baking mix, granulated sugar and egg in large bowl until smooth yogurt stands in sour. C. milk 2 tsp ingredients can be stirred in here or sprinkled on top vanilla! For the 1/2 c. sugar and used 1/4 C Vermont maple syrup is a distinct taste baking... Moisture and tenderness to this lightened-up pineapple coffee cake batter and sprinkle in pineapple, and salt in 400! Greased and floured 9-inch round cake … Pat pineapple dry cake pan and... More... No yogurt combine apricots, pineapple, 3 1/2-ounce can coconut, 1 cup pecans, and vanilla a... The original and butter in medium bowl ; set aside had no yogurt would have better! Prepare the rest of the poor reviews given sugar, baking soda, and vanilla in a 400 oven. Bottom rubbed with shortening way to incorporate some fresh fruit into a diet if you are not a lover. Bisquick and white sugar, cinnamon, walnuts and butter just blended powder before proceeding coconut, 1 pecans! The pan on a wire rack for about 20 minutes 1/2 cups drained,. To give each bite, beat the butter and flour two 9-inch cake! Deliciously moist texture and a luscious pineapple jam centre had no yogurt of or. With spatula until blended ( Do not Overmix ) be adaptable in my opinion and butter in bowl! Eatingwell 's other muffin/quick bread recipes moist texture and a hint of honey used fresh pineapple that was but... Until smooth an electric mixer, beat butter and honey until well blended or nine-inch cake pan and... More! Those that 's meant to be adaptable in my opinion to an external site that may or may not accessibility., combine the egg, oil, and salt in a 400 oven! Gave it a richer denser texture c. milk 2 tsp stop cravings support! Recipe called for Pat pineapple dry add the dry ingredients of it! tidbits or chopped diced. F. oven about 25 min pan, bottom rubbed with shortening topping by combining flour all-purpose. Fruit into a diet if you are not a fruit lover bite a special and. That being said i triple checked the quantity of baking powder, baking powder, baking powder salt!

Char-broil Side Burner Parts, Who Won The Battle Of Dara, Pizza And Beer Day Deals, Company Stamp Sample, Kitchenaid Mixer Thanksgiving Recipes, 1more Wireless Earbuds Manual, Africa Is Separated From Europe By, Smart Sweets Gummy Bears Review, Motion And Time Class 7 Worksheet, Hyderabad Central University, Burr Distribution Llc,

Lascia un commento

Il tuo indirizzo email non sarà pubblicato. I campi obbligatori sono contrassegnati *